What causes tingling on head followed by headache?

Dr. Vaddadi Suresh

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have been having a tingling feeling at the top center of my head, it turns into pressure and then a headache. Been going on for a week or so. Ibuprofen does not help much.
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
?HYPERTENSION?

Detailed Answer:
Your symptoms can be seen in many diseases and the most important one to rule out is hypertension. Please make sure that your blood pressure is normal during the time you have headache.
Other issues like migraine, tension headache, anemia, thyroid disease, sinus diseases and neuralgias can cause similar headaches.
Consulting a physician will help you in determining the cause and appropriate solution.
For the time being, you may try OTC drugs like EXEDRIN twice a day for 3 days.
All the best.