What causes tingling of hands and rapid heartbeats?

Dr. Ashwini Kolur

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I have tingling hands and a rapid heartbeat. This morning my elbows were aching
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
might be due to hypertension.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.

Does this symptoms occur all the time.
Thorough general physical examination is must to say what it is exactly.
These symptoms can be due to hypertension, that is increased blood pressure. I would suggest you to check your blood pressure, if it is high, first thing is to take some medication for lowering your blood pressure as soon as possible and for which you need to consult a local physician.

If it is normal, then hyperthyroidism should be ruled out, got that you should under go thyroid function test.

Hope this helps.
I'll be glad to help you out with further questions

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ashwini Kolur 29 minutes later
Sometimes I wake up sweaty, would that be high blood pressure?
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be, blood pressure need to checked then thyroid function test

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Good to hear from you.

It can be, get your blood pressure checked and then thyroid function test.
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj