What causes tingling/numbness in both hands?
Symptoms are suggestive of neuropathy.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms in detail, and they are suggestive of neuropathy of hand nerves.
I have noted that the nerve conduction studies have been done and they are normal. I assume that all the nerves (median, ulnar and radial) of hands have been tested.
Also, it is not uncommon to find normal nerve conduction studies report, even with significant symptoms, as in your case. So, the clinical picture is more important.
You would benefit from medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin capsules. Please discuss about my views with your treating doctor.
I hope my reply has helped you.
I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes neck pain with tingling and numbness in hand
- What could cause numbness and tingles on legsfeet and hands
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes tingling and numbness in legs
- What causes a tingling numbness in chin and lips
- What causes numbness and tingling in thumb
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- What causes tingling and numbness in arms
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms