What causes tingling in both shoulders and face?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Tingling in both shoulders and face, each side, etc ....can this be a side effect of starting VELVIQ 4 days ago? Thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
explained..

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome

Belviq ( Lorcaserine ) is Indicated as an adjunct to a reduced-calorie diet and exercise for obese patients with comorbidities.

Headache , dizziness and back pain have been documented as adverse effects of Belviq. The tingling in your face and shoulders etc most likely is not related to belviq.

You may stop the Belviq for the time being and get the following done by your primary care physician or via the ER to rule out any serious cause

RBS
CBC , ESR
serum CALCIUM and electrolytes
EKG
Blood pressure and neurological exam to rule out any focal deficit

let me know if you have any query
thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T