What causes tingling hands after eating chicken?

Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Whenever i eat like an 8 oz chicken breast, my hands start tingling/itching immediately after, and i have no clue why, should i worry about this? May be some food allergy.
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
allergy test

Detailed Answer:
You will have to keep a record of what foods you have eaten over a period of weeks. This record will then be used to study if there is a relationship between the foods eaten and any symptoms experienced.
Skin testing(allergy test) and blood testing are also very effective ways in identifying food allergies.
Allergy generally starts within 2 hrs after eating the food, reactions like itching, skin rash are common.
Delayed onset symptoms are likely to be food intolerence.
In both adults and children the best treatment for food allergies is completely avoiding the food causing you the allergy or intolerance.
Antihistaminics may be used to treat the symptoms.
Hope i answered your query, if you have further query I will be happy to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju