What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
The risk for abrupt neurological deficit is low.
Hi Ray, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. In my opinion if your wife is asymptomatic ( pain and sensory modalities), she can defer surgery, if the MR shows minor disc problems. However there is need to be done plain radiographs in neutral, flexion and extension of your wife's cervical column to rule out instability and to check for bony ( osteophyte ) problems. Another think to do is to evaluate from a Neurologist, if there is any motor deficit in arms and hipperreflexia in both upper and lower extremities, if so there is associated myelopathy. Surgery improves pain and can do little if there is neurological deficit stopping it from aggravating.Simple measures as periodic use of cervical collar during long traveling, no abrupt turning of the head, etc. help prevent further neurological damage. Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes forehead tingling
- What causes tingling on scalp
- What causes numbness and tingling feeling in the body
- What causes tingling nostril
- What causes tingling feeling in right kidney
- What causes tingling feeling in right hand
- What causes tingling in arm
- What causes leg tingling
- What causes shoulder pain with tingling feeling in fingers
- What causes shoulder numbnessarm ache and tingling in fingers