Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

What causes tingling feeling and headache?

Dec 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 4168 Questions
I am a 56 year old male, I had shingles about 10 years ago. Since then two or three times a year i would get a tingling feeling, headache, flu like symptoms a small blister like sore but no pain. Lately I have been getting headaches 3-4 times a week and noticed if i eat sugary foods cake, candy, etc and processed food, I get these headaches.I also got a sore on my face that wont heal. At first i thought it was another blister from my shingles but now i think it might be XXXXXXX cell carcinoma. I also have hep c. Are these new headaches due to my shingles or do I have another condition?
Posted Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly elaborate and send pictures

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the headaches and possibility of shingles as main cause.

In view to help you best I request you to kindly provide certain important points

- What was the area affected 10 years back when shingles occurred.

- Had you felt any pain in the same area within 3 months of shingles or still feeling pain off on.

- Since how long you have sore on your face.

I request you to kindly upload few good resolution pictures of your sore area so that I can analyze it better. Kindly send good resolution pictures focusing the area of concern which can be seen on higher magnification. For uploading the pictures you have a facility on the right side of the page or can send on:


with "attention:Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia"

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor