Owl Image

What causes tingling feeling and headache?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
I am a 56 year old male, I had shingles about 10 years ago. Since then two or three times a year i would get a tingling feeling, headache, flu like symptoms a small blister like sore but no pain. Lately I have been getting headaches 3-4 times a week and noticed if i eat sugary foods cake, candy, etc and processed food, I get these headaches.I also got a sore on my face that wont heal. At first i thought it was another blister from my shingles but now i think it might be XXXXXXX cell carcinoma. I also have hep c. Are these new headaches due to my shingles or do I have another condition?
Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly elaborate and send pictures

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the headaches and possibility of shingles as main cause.

In view to help you best I request you to kindly provide certain important points

- What was the area affected 10 years back when shingles occurred.

- Had you felt any pain in the same area within 3 months of shingles or still feeling pain off on.

- Since how long you have sore on your face.

I request you to kindly upload few good resolution pictures of your sore area so that I can analyze it better. Kindly send good resolution pictures focusing the area of concern which can be seen on higher magnification. For uploading the pictures you have a facility on the right side of the page or can send on:

YYYY@YYYY

with "attention:Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia"

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases