What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of body with normal tests?
Also, I saw neurologist who ran blood work with head MRI, EEG and evoc. Evoc and MRI came out fine, EEG showed left side "spike" and he ordered neck MRI.
All blood work came out fine except ANA, but he says its ok. He put me on Lyrica, 50mg twice a day.
Also, my GP and cardiologist did thyroid test, TSH first time 4.41 and second time 1.90, but antibodies are 4 times higher.
I'm just wondering should I stay at this or are they missing something here.
Cerebral vascular and thyroid disfunction.
Hi XXXXXXX, I think there are two separate conditions to check for, so I recomend you should discuss with your Doctor the possibility to investigate further the cause of your symptoms:
1.Angio MR of brain vessels for your sensory changes on left side of the body,
2. Full thyroid function testing.
Hope this answers your question. Wish you good health.
Would you still recommend MRA even though I did MRI with and without the contrast?
Also, I have attached additional thyroid testing (Thyroid panel) that has been performed and my doctor said we have to watch it as I could become hypo. Which other test would you recommend, so I can go back to him?
MRA to rule out vasculitis.
Thanks for asking again.
I think you should do MRA (cerebral) to check for/ rule out vascular disease suggested by high ANA, as well as kidney function tests if you haven't already done it. MRI with contrast is sensitive for cerebral (parenchymal) lesions, MRA (vascular reconstruction) shows vascular structure and if there is vascular pathology. If these tests don't show problems, periodic follow up mainly to thyroid function, is acceptable.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Wishing you good health.
I will follow up with my neurologist and will discuss MRA option.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
I would like to know the results of MRA, if you don't mind. If you have further questions I am happy to respond you. Wish you good health!
Thank a lot dr. Spaho
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stomach tingling pins and needles
- What could cause tingling sensation in left hand
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes numbness and tingling feeling in the body
- What causes tingling and numbness in right side of body
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- Persistant tingling pins needles left hand
- Body tingling dizziness causes
- What causes tingling in body and face
- What causes crawling and tingling sensation in body
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?