What causes tingling and numbness in left ear and occipital region?
Please explain the diagnostic benefit of x ray and contact primary doctor
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. I am a radiologist and would like to help you to convince your husband for a cervical spine x ray and a clinical neurological examination.
2. The x ray is one of the safest techniques to evaluate for the possible causes of a pain in the cervical spine with symptoms like tingling and numbness below the ear and over occipital region.
3. The amount of radiation is very less and will do no significant harm to his health.
4. He has been having the cervical pain for 2 weeks and now there is tingling and numbness below the left ear and spreading to the occipital region. It can mean that he is probably having a nerve related condition for which he should seek urgent help.
5. Neglecting medical care can cause progress of his condition and treatment burden will be increased. There are conditions which can be easily treated in early stages and if neglected then it can cause a lot of pain and hardship.
Since he is on gabapentin which is a prescription medicine, therefore he might be on treatment for a medical condition. You can try getting in touch with his primary doctor and request for urgent medical care.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes pain tingling and numbness in forearms
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes numbness and tingling feeling in the body
- What causes tingling and numbness in legs
- What causes a tingling numbness in chin and lips
- What causes numbness and tingling in thumb
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- What causes tingling and numbness in arms
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms