What causes tingling and numbness in face with history of concussion?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
trans. ref. HCM71396. I fell a few months ago and had a concussion. now my right side of my face keeps becoming tingly, numb, and feels like my eye, nose, and lips are effected be it. it comes and goes. should I be worried?
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neuropathy is the cause due to trauma/diabetes

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query, medical history and understand your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of neuropathy of facial nerve most likely due to trauma or may be because of chronic diabetes.
It needs urgent care as further progression may lead to difficulty in chewing of food, incomplete closure of eyes leading to eye damage.
Hope this helps.