What causes tingling and burning sensation with redness at the top of ear?
Infection and red ear syndrome should be considered.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your query and understand your concerns.
In my opinion, two possible conditions should be considered and evaluated further.
1. infection of the ear skin or around it (otitis externa)
2. red ear syndrome ( not related to infection but caused by local vascular changes ).
The last one is a rare condition and is triggered by external stimuli such rubbing the ear, warm, cold etc.
There's need to be evaluated physically by your primary care Doctor who can evaluate further signs of local infection and can prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- Pimple on penis head burning sensation tingling cause
- What causes red gums and lip tingling
- Causes of tingling sensation behind the ear
- What causes tingling and burning sensation in upper thigh
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- Does dermatomyositis cause burning and tingling sensations
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this