What causes tingling and burning sensation in the feet?
Need to exclude diabetes.
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and I would try my best to help you.
I have noted your clinical details. Based on this, a diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy can be suspected, where the nerves in the skin (feet) get affected. The diagnosis can be confirmed by clinical examination, followed by nerve conduction studies.
The commonest underlying cause of neuropathy, with poor wound healing is diabetes. Please get your blood sugars checked.
For symptom relief, you can take pregabalin capsules (which would reduce burning and tingling sensation).
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: XXXX
My BLOG: XXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- Pimple on penis head burning sensation tingling cause
- What std cause tingling in feet
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes tingling and burning sensation in upper thigh
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- Does dermatomyositis cause burning and tingling sensations
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this