What causes tingling and burning sensation in groin area post intercourse?
Use an antifungal dusting powder; rule out haemorrhoids
Certainly the symptoms are not at all suggestive of any STD, even genital herpes-2. Herpes does not give rise to a constant burning / tingling sensation and whenever this sensation does happens in association with herpes simplex type -2 infection, it is usually part of a prodrome of genital herpes and typically followed by genital sores of herpes. However, you never noticed any sores!!
This weird sensation could be due to a fungal infection in the perianal area due to sweat getting trapped between body folds and hence giving a moist feeling aling with tingling and burning.
I suggest you to use an antifungal dusting powder e.g clotrimazole dusing powder in groin and perianal region. This would improve any moist feeling resulting from trapping of sweat in perianal and groin region as well also inhibit the fungus from growing.
Also it would be worthwhile to rule out any haemorrhoids/ piles.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- Pimple on penis head burning sensation tingling cause
- What causes tingling and burning sensation in upper thigh
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- Does dermatomyositis cause burning and tingling sensations
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this