What causes tilting feeling to the right and ringing in ears?
PTA. I/A, Eardrum examination, Neurologist's check-up.
Thank you for your query.
1. If you have had a recent cold get an Impedance Audiogram (Tympanogram) done to check for change sin middle ear pressures or fluid build-up in the middle ear that can cause the tinnitus and imbalance.
2. An ear drum examination and a Pure Tone Audiogram (PTA) will check for hearing loss that can also cause the tinnitus.
3. If these are normal (as per age), a Neurologist's opinion must be sought with test for imbalance. Also get an eye examination done.
4. The most common causes for ear related dizziness are BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo) , Meniere's Disease and Vestibular Neuritis. Some intensity of tinnitus is normal as per age related hearing loss.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats causing ringing in ear and blurred vision
- Epidural causes ringing in the ears
- What causes headache with ringing in ears
- What causes ringing in ears and twitching of cheeks
- What causes plastic taste and ringing in the ears
- What could cause a tight feeling over the right ear
- What causes sudden black out with ringing in ears
- What causes ear ringing
- What causes your right ear to feel numb and plugged
- Will cirrhosis cause ringing in the ears