Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes tightness on the foreskin of the penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 756 Questions
Dear Sir, Iam 25 years old .I have been facing a problem with my foreskin on the penis.When it is erected am not able to pull it back completly only a bit i can pull and if try more i am getting afraid for the pain am now a days it is making me worry that if i get married and then if i have same problem during sex.m getting worried like if I am good for this a common problem? in mens....please do let me know ur valuable suggesstions
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 9 hours later
Brief Answer: You may need to undergo circumcision. Detailed Answer: Good Day and thank you for being with healthcare magic! Is there tightness in the foreskin? You may have a condition that we call phimosis. It is when there is tightness on the foreskin of the penis and the head of the penis is not able to be completely exposed or free from the prepuce. You also need to fully expose the glans penis to be able to clean it and avoid uti's and possibly penile cancer. The best way to do resolve your problem is to do a simple procedure of circumcision. If is fast, done as an outpatient and with minimal complications. Other methods would be putting in some steroid creams at the preputial skin 2x per day and slowly retracting it everyday until you're able to expose the head completely. You may need to see a Urologist so he will be able to do a proper examination on your penis and he may prescribe the necessary cream or what treatment is needed on your condition. Phimosis is uncommon but not rare on the uncircumcised male population roughy 5% incidence rate. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes. Regards, Manuel C. See IV, M.D. DPBU FPUA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor