Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What causes tightness in the top of my breast?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
hi Dr for the last day or so I have been getting this on and off tightness/pain on the top of my right breast(about the spot they would put ekg lead) that I can feel almost in my back as well when it happens. this all started yesterday after I got out of a hot shower. and has happened 4-5 times throughout the day/night it kinda feels like a squeezing feeling I'm not sure if it's a pulled muscle or something possibly more serious(although it doesn't affect breathing and only lasts a couple minutes) any input u may have would be helpful thanks please answer or forward to appropriate specialist
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations. Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. this is a very good question. I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations. What is important to determine is if this pain is something you can reproduce by pressing on that area with your hand. If this is the case it usually indicates a musculoskeletal issue such as inflammation of muscle or nerve or muscle spasm. as long as you do not have significant shortness of breath or coughing this is most likely the case. If however you experience any degree of shortness of breath or persistent respiratory symptoms then I would suggest you see your primary care doctor as soon as possible for a good physical examination. Sometimes a chest x-ray might be useful in this type of situation. Other considerations include inflammation of the gallbladder which can sometimes present like this. thank you for sending your question. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future. Dr. G
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor