What causes tightness in the left side of the neck?
Some tests are required
Greetings and welcome to HCM. I understand your concern.
Well, I could not give an exact thought about the symptom, since there are some tests that are needed to be performed. It is an area that encompasses a lot of tissues, therefore the following tests are required:
- an EKG to assess the heart electrical activity in resting state, where we can find out whether this is coming from the heart or not
- an echo cardiogram - to evaluate whether this is due to any structural or functional damage of the heart chambers or the valves
- a plain chest X-ray, which will tell us rule out or confirm whether this pain is coming by a disorder interesting the pulmonary parenchyma and/or its lining (the pleura)
- a plain X-ray of the neck vertebrae - since from the neck vertebrae there are nerves derived, which innervate the upper chest and the interested area you described.
It is only after all these tests are done that we can have a conclusion, and provide the most valuable treatment for your problem.
I hope I was helpful. I am happy to help, if you have follow-up questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes painless lump on side of my neck
- What causes painin left side of neck stemming down below
- What causes tightness in neck
- What causes the left vein in your neck to hurt
- Can sinus problems cause side neck tightness
- What causes fluttering in both sides of neck
- Lump soreness in the left side of neck cause
- What causes tightness in neck muscles
- What causes tightness on the front of the neck
- What cause chest and front neck tightness