What causes tightness in stomach while walking or sleeping?

Posted on Sat, 20 Jun 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: When I walk for a little bit and when I am asleep my stomach gets real tight and then my ears pressure up...I can't sleep
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need some more information

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for your query.

I would like to know some more information to assist you better-
Since when have you been experiencing stomach tightness?
Do you walk/sleep immediately after having a meal/food?
Do you have a history of indigestion in your past?Do you have belching, burning sensation in the chest, bloating, acidic taste in mouth etc?
Are you a diabetic?
Are you currently taking any medications?
Any history of surgery in the past?
Do you consume alcohol?

Await your reply soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Praveen 14 minutes later
I have been experiencing this for a while but most recently the past 10 days it does burn sometimes but I do not have a history and not diabetic I do drink I dranklast time it was 4 days ago
Answered by Dr. Praveen 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle modification keeps you healthy.Good Luck!

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for sharing the information.

As per your description I were to make a provisional diagnosis of acid peptic disease or commonly called as acidity.I would suggest to-

-Take antireflux medications such as Tab.Prilosec 20mg once daily for 4 weeks half an hour before breakfast.
-Regularise your food habits.Avoid oily, spicy, junk and fatty food(if any).Stop alcohol.
-Drink plenty of water.
-Dine atleast 2 hours before you go to bed or as early as possible.
-Do an exercise of your choice-walking for atleast 30-40mins is advisable.This will make your stomach and bowels more healthy.

Feel free to reach for further queries you may have.

Dr.Praveen

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Praveen