What causes tightness in head and tingling in arms?

Question
I have a nephew who in the last 3 months has been complaining of feel tighness in his head and then tingling in his arms. he works out alot and does his best to eat right. he is 19 years old. we are very concerned, when this happends to him he gets very scared becuase he doesnt undertand what is hapepening and why. any thoughts
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further neurological examinations are needed...

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for the health situation of your nephew.

As the full blood work and recent doctor's consultation did not find any issues, then, I advise to run further neurological examinations to exclude neurological problems:
- EEC (electro-encephalogram)
- Ct-scan of the head
- eye's examination

If everything is ok, then, what he is experiencing might be related to tension headache as he is working out alot.

Encourage him to continue:
- eating healthy
- conducting a healthy lifestyle
- taking pain-killers
- avoid excessive fatigue
- take multivitamin supplementation
- increase water intake
- avoid energetic or caffeine rich drinks

I also advise to measure his blood pressure and blood sugar level when he is having the episode, record the results for further evaluations.

Hope it helped! Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana