What causes tightness in chest?

Question
I have chest tightness and i jave been deinking more than usual due to divorce stress. I smoke too and did cocaine the other night.
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Get an ecg and other baseline investigations done. Stop drinking, smoking and using cocaine at the earliest.

Follow-up: What causes tightness in chest? 1 minute later
What could it mean though? Is it definitely a serious problem?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 days later
Brief Answer:
it could be

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for my delayed response.

Yes, there could be serious underlying problem with the heart rate, probably an ischemia. It could also affect your lungs in the form of lung infections and chronic use can cause lung cancer. Cocaine can affect all the organs in the body. So, do take care and get the baseline investigations done.

Wish you good health.