What causes tightness in chest, sweating and pain in between shoulder blades?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I have been having tightness in my chest, sweating, bad headache ( about 8 to on 1-10 scal

e), tired eyes, pain in my neck, pain in my back between my shoulder blades, joint pain on knees and elbow, with sore muscles on arms. my predominant symptoms are headache, mild chest tightness, and tired eyes. I've been having weird symptoms for about 1 1/2 years. had spinal taps, cat scans, hiv tests, you name it negative. current symptoms have been going on for 4 weeks. Had chest exray for pneumonia it was negative. they keep saying anxiety but these are true symptoms and pain. Feel like I'm losing my mind because I think doctor's think I'm losing my mind but I'm not. Any ideas
when Google symptoms it comes up with either hiv, cancer, meningitis, or polycythemia vera. I'm lost...follow up to earlier question
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Multiple factors need consideration

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details as well as the attached reports. But you need a thorough clinical examination which I am unable to undertake. In such a scenario, I have the following to suggest:

* Please do not panic. I do not think that your symptoms are indicative of the ominous diseases you mentioned.
* The exact location of the pain is important. It is possible that the pain is actually due to gastritis or gastro-esophageal reflux. In such a case, taking prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast, should help. Also take small but frequent meals and reduce the interval in between.
* Electrolyte imbalance could be a cause. It could be transient and hence not apparent in the reports. Taking juicy fruits like citrus fruits, should help.
* Regular exercise is essential. It will keep the blood flowing and your organs would be better perfused.
* Hypothyroidism is a possible cause of your ailments. You should get a thyroid profile done and can upload the reports thereafter.
* The WBC count of blood seems elevated. This could be due to some infection although it requires clinical correlation.
* You could be having a sinusitis which could be related to the episodes of cough and cold. It could be the cause of your headache. In such a case taking naproxen really helps.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Kunal Saha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
I've seen a doctor three times all she says lungs sound clear,x-rays negative but still with symptoms. I was tested for everything other than last ailment I listed
Brief Answer:
Trying the mentioned steps should be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Try the steps I mentioned. I think you would get some relief.
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha