What causes tightness around forehead and nose?

Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: hi for the past 10 days i have has tightness around my forehead and top of my nose like a constant throbbing pain and feeling very heavy soemtimes tingly. Want to see if this is a sinus problem or something else? could it be an annyarism bit concerned.
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not an aneurysm!

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Please dont worry , it is unlikely to be an aneurysm since you have a tightness around your forehead, which is more likely to be due to a sinus infection.

Pain in that region can also be due to e refractory error and i would like you to get your vision also checked.

Throbbing pain can also be due to a migraine , but generally this will be associated with nausea and aura like flashes of light.

Please meet your ent doctor , who will examine you and may ask you to do an xray of the face to confirm the sinus infection.

Please continue sudafed and sprays and your antibiotic as this will help ,but please do meet your ent doctor.

You can also try steam inhalation 2-3 times a day, as this will also give good relief.

You will be fine, dont worry!

Thanks

Follow up: Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 5 minutes later
thank you for your response.
I did go see my doctor today who did prescribe the antibiotics today. I was only worried coz my brother did pass away three years ago with a suddern brain haemorrhage so i am a little anxious about it. With my sinus im not really congested. Also how long do i expect to have these tightness headaches?
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it can take 2-3 weeks!

Detailed Answer:
hello

well , the best way to confirm would be by an xray or an endoscopy of your sinuses , for this you will have to meet an ent doctor !

Generally it takes around 2-3 weeks for the infection to subside , but you should start feeling relief in 2-3 days and the headaches will come down, however you must continue your antibiotic for the full course.

take care!

thank you.
So you believe it is sinus. i do wear glasses for when i do get headaches and for focussing. So you do believe it is sinsus so I shouldnt be too concerned? Also is it common to have this tightness and heavy feeling all the time whilst you have sinus?
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can be due to your glasses also!

Detailed Answer:
Hello

From your symptoms i am just telling you that you May have a sinus problem!

It does not rule out the fact that you may be having some trouble with your eye sight/glasses.

You will need to be examined by an ent doctor before confirming the diagnosis of a sinus infection.

It is common to have tightness and the heaviness feeling both at the same time in a sinus congestion/infection.

Thanks