What causes tightness around chest?
Recently I occasionally feel tightness around my chest area. Does weaning caffeine or missing my daily vitamins cause such reaction? I been drinking a 22 oz Jasmine bubble milk tea or Jasmine grass jelly milk tea everyday but also try to stop it after feeling the chest tightness. What can I take or do to help with chest tightness (there is no pain, just chest tightness). Thank you.
Mostly Caffeine withdrawal symptoms
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
I understand your anxiousness regarding your health problem.
Caffeine withdrawal symptoms are:
Headache, Irritability, Lethargy, Depression, Constipation, Sleepiness, Muscle Pain/Stiffness, Lack of Concentration.
Caffeine withdrawal symptoms can occur for a week to a month.
Take pain relievers, wean off caffeine slowly decreasing the amount instead of suddenly stopping, exercise, take plenty of water and rest.
However, to rule out other causes of chest tightness kindly consult a physician for an Electrocardiogram to rule out any cardiovascular causes.
Drinking a 22 oz Jasmine bubble milk tea or Jasmine grass jelly milk usually do not cause such problem and nor can withdrawal of it cause such problems unless the amount of caffeine is very high in your tea to show its withdrawal effects.
Missing daily vitamin tablets doesn't cause chest tightness.
Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision with tightness in chest
- What causes tightness in chest with palpitations
- What causes heart palpitations with chest painheaviness and tightness
- What causes occasional chest tightness
- What causes chest pains tightness and abnormal breathing
- What causes chest tightness and wheezing
- What could be the cause for tightness in chest
- What causes shortness of breathfatigue and tightness across chest
- What cause chest and front neck tightness
- What is the cause for tightness and pain in chest