What causes tight feeling in hands and feet, muscle fatigue, rapid heartbeat and elevated blood pressure?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Tight feeling in hands & feet, sharp throbbing pain in hand & feet joints, elbow locking up, pinky & ring finger tingling up to elbows, general malaise, muscle fatigue, rapid heartbeat, blood pressure elevated occasionally, ankle swelling with inability to put any pressure on feet but no broken/fractured bones, scaly rash under eye, nose & on chin
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of lupus or viral illness Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case. Your symptoms suggest possibility of lupus you can do blood investigation like ANA,ds DNA, if those are positive then medication can be given Another possibility of viral infection or polyarthritis like Rheumatoid arthritis may involve small joints and early morning stiffness in joints, does she have such complain? Ankylosing spondylitis typically involve spine and hips with other large joint also. There is reduced chest function in this disease. Stiffness in spine is increased does she have such stiffness in spine? A treatment regimen for Rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis involves medication, exercise, good posture practices, and other treatment options such as applying heat/cold to help relax muscles and reduce joint pain. Viral illness will need supportive approach. A holistic approach is required, which includes exercises, meditation , and acupuncture along with healthy diet and herbs. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.