What causes throbbing sensations in the face?

Question
I am sometimes awakened from sleep with a strange feeling in my face that is hard to describe, call it a full face. Some times, my face is throbbing but at other times it is not. I check my BP when this occurs; sometimes it is high-at other times it is normal. I also sense a humming sound in my head. FYI- I have had a brain MRI performed and everything was normal. Hope you can make some sense of this since my primary care physician cannot. Thank you for your attention.
XXXXXXX Klich
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Myofascial Pain Syndrome(MPS)

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description the most probable differential for your condition is MPS or myofascial pain syndrome.Othet possibilities are cluster head ache and migraine.
You can take simple analgesics like paracetamol or ibuprofen for pain.Try relaxation techniques like meditation and yoga.
If pain persist kindly consult a neurologist.
Wishing you good health
thanks