Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

What causes throbbing sensations in the face?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2015
Answered : 948 Questions
I am sometimes awakened from sleep with a strange feeling in my face that is hard to describe, call it a full face. Some times, my face is throbbing but at other times it is not. I check my BP when this occurs; sometimes it is high-at other times it is normal. I also sense a humming sound in my head. FYI- I have had a brain MRI performed and everything was normal. Hope you can make some sense of this since my primary care physician cannot. Thank you for your attention.
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Myofascial Pain Syndrome(MPS)

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description the most probable differential for your condition is MPS or myofascial pain syndrome.Othet possibilities are cluster head ache and migraine.
You can take simple analgesics like paracetamol or ibuprofen for pain.Try relaxation techniques like meditation and yoga.
If pain persist kindly consult a neurologist.
Wishing you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor