What causes throbbing pain in vagina?
I have vaginal pain, awakened me in the middle of the night. no itching, no discharge, no urinary sx other than frequency. I checked my urine with a dipstick and only hemolyzed blood ( idiopathic I am told, chronic for 20 years or so). The pain is kind of throbbing. I am 47, menopausal. no pain with intercourse. married, monogamous. pelvic exam 2 years ago. no abnormalities,
Atrophic vaginits,consult your Gynecologist.
Welcome to HCM,
I can understand your concerns,
Most probably vaginal pain is due to dryness of vagina.It appears during menopause due to deficiency of estrogen hormone.This makes infection to set easily.
I would advice you to consult your Gynecologist for vaginal examination and further evaluation. You can start local estrogen cream if needed ,
under your Gynecologist guidance.
Hope this helps,
Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Throbbing pain causes
- What is the cause of throbbing pain in the head
- Vagina throbbing pain external
- What causes pulsating and throbbing pain in the ear
- What is causing throbbing pain on one side of head
- Vagina throbbing pain outside
- Throbbing pain inside the vagina
- What causes throbbing pain and swelling in throat
- What could be cause of intense throbbing pain in head
- What could cause a throbbing pain in the head