What causes throbbing pain in the spine while angry?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello I'm a 41 yr old female with history of multiple sclerosis, presenting symptoms 6 years ago was lhermittes. I recently told my neurologist that I keep feeling the strangest sensation when angry or exerted very tired, a pulsating or throbbing pain directly going down my spine almost like rapid a rapid heartbeat but in my spine when it happens I can only sit and wait til it passes . My neuro said she never heard of this so just wanted some advice. I know with ms any things possible but this just recently started. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow-up MRI if the symptoms persist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

If you would have presented to me as an outpatient with this complaint,I would have told you that-this new symptom is not described among the classical symptoms for MS and I agree with your treating neurologist in this regard.However,MS can present with strange and bizarre symptoms sometimes.
So,I suggest you to keep observing if this symptoms persists and if it does so,please get the follow-up MRI scans of brain and spine to see if any fresh MS lesions have appeared or not.In that case,your therapy can be planned accordingly.

If you have any further queries,I shall be glad to answer.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist