What causes throbbing pain in the lower abdomen?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Cancer
Question: I have just started experiencing a throbbing pain in my uterus wall. It's been happening for about 3 days now. I use the combipatch and am worried by this
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. You require evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. So a throbbing pain in the lower abdomen is certainly a cause of concern. For the time being, you can use analgesics like diclofenac or opioids like tramadol, but you must visit emeegency room for evaluation. Throbbing pain points towards some infective process or abscess ir collection and needs evaluation by atleast an ultrasonography.
Thanks and regards
Revert back with reports.
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 34 minutes later
I have been using the CombiPatch for about six months. I have noticed each time I reapply I have spotting and bleeding for a couple of days. I am in menopause so it concerns me. I asked my gynecologist last time I was there about this and was told this can't be normal and some people. But now that I'm having the throbing I'm worried that it could be related.

I was told it can be normal and some people
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thorough evaluation is a must dear

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear.

So the bleeding, new onset spotting and now throbbing pain points towards some type of disorder which can easily be diagnosed by Ultrasonography and a gynaecological examination. Please visit your gynaecologist again. At the earliest.

Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee