What causes throbbing ears, soreness in the mouth, swelling in the temple with headaches?
Please see your doctor as soon as possible- a couple of possible diagnosis explained
There are 2 main things that come to mind with the description you are doing on your symptoms.
1. Temporal arteritis- this is an inflammation of an artery that feeds the eye and if redness and pain is present in the temple area this is the first to be ruled out.
The reason for this is that if not diagnosed and not treated it might affect the vision in that eye.
In this case, the doctor will do a simple blood test called ERS and if it is close to 100 in a way chances are high that temporal arteritis is the diagnosis and high dose of steroids will be prescribed as the treatment for it.
Sometimes the doctor might start the treatment before he has the result and this is to prevent vision from being affected.
2. Skin infection in the area- our skin has bacteria that normally grow on it but sometimes they make the way in the skin and this causes infections like cellulitis or erisipella, both are similar and need quick treatment with antibiotics.
To conclude I would say that you need to see your doctor as soon as possible so he can examine you and diagnose you as if you have any of the 2 I mentioned you need treatment as soon as possible.
They are both diagnoses that respond very well to treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Zotaj Antoneta, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen temples headache with ear pain
- Temple headache from adderall
- Eye temple headache lump swelling stress
- Pain in left temple headache
- Exostosis on temple headaches
- Zit temple headache
- Raised artery on temple headache what could cause this
- Temple headache and urinating alot
- High triglcerides cause stabbing temple headache pain
- Temple headaches in pregnancy
- What causes an episode of chills, dizziness and focusing issues?
- What causes mildly raised INR level despite taking Warfarin?
- What does the following colposcopy report indicate?
- What do the following ultrasound reports indicate?
- What causes a red rash on the arm?
- What causes diarrhea, severe cramps and bloating?
- Suggest treatment for small bumps between the legs and near the buttocks
- What causes redness in the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and mouth ulcers while having...