What causes throat pain while swallowing?
Just before 4 days back suddenly while speaking i got pain in my throat (in place where vocal code locates, middle of throat inside), i took brufen for 2 days and now pain is not there like before. But, while swallowing saliva i feel a kind of pain inside.Please advise what could be the reason for this pain. Please advise whether i need to consult any ENT Specialist.
you need to consult an ent doctor
It is likely that you have damaged the vocal cords or the lower part of the throat while speaking , coughing or straining and this is the cause of your pain.
Dont worry this is pretty common specially in people who have lot of acid reflux from the stomach and will subside by itself.
If however your pain increases or you develop difficulty in swallowing or speaking or the pain dos not subside in 1-2 days , i would like you to meet your ent doctor , who will do an endoscopy of your throat to find out the exact cause for the pain and treat you accordingly.
Meanwhile i would advice you to avoid hot and spicy food and change your pain killer to tablet paracetamol 500 mg as it is more safer with lesser side effects.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in chest and stomach while swallowing food
- Sore throat on swallowing semen what is the cause
- What could be the cause for throat pain while swallowing
- What causes meth throat hurts to swallow
- What causes pain when swallowing
- What causes pain while swallowing
- Throat pain on sneezing difficulty swallowing causes and treatment
- What causes sore throat which prohibits swallowing
- Does swallowing semen cause throat pain?
- Dizziness while swallowing what is causing this