What causes throat pain, cough, cold, puffy nose and wheezing?
Likely upper respiratory infection.
Welcome to health care magic,
Throat pain with coughing and wheezing following cold and runny nose symptoms are likely due to inflammation of throat which in turn is because of upper respiratory infection (pharyngitis, laryngitis, epiglotitis).
Majority of cases throat pain are due to viral infection, but in some cases it is related to bacterial infection (like streptococcal pharyngitis).
You are likely to be having viral throat infection with cold.
So,you should take symptomatic treatment since you do not have fever,cold or body pain symptoms.
1) Take pain killers (paracetamol) with anti-inflammatory (ibuprofen) combination twice or thrice daily for throat pain which are available over the counter.
They will also help to reduce further inflammation in throat and thereby will help to subside symptoms quickly.
2) Antihistamines like levocetrizine 10 mg twice daily will also be helpful.You may also continue with promethazine-em syrup which you are taking already.
3) Steam inhalation with warm salt water gargles which will certainly help for symptomatic relief.
4) Antibiotics will not require here since you are likely having viral infection.
Hope this will help you and let me know if you need more help.
Thanks and Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for frequent cold cough and wheezing
- What causes recurring cold and cough with throat pain
- Cold with wheezing cough
- What causes wheezing in adults
- Cold and wheezing asthmatic collapsed causes and treatment
- Infant having cold wheezing coughing what to do
- Cold cough wheezing stomach hurt diarrhoea nausea what is treatment
- Cough abdominal pain wheezing cold
- Causes of wheezing cough
- What causes productive cough with wheezing