What causes throat discomfort, cough, acidity and vomiting while treating diabetes?
I have diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 4.5 years back. And for this now am taking only powders of bitter guard , neem, blue berry seeds, fenugreek and turmeric. now hba1c level is 6.5. I also have gastric problem.
Now 20 days back I got cough with fever 101 d then I advised from a doctor below medicines
1. ventornil syrup - 3 times for 5 days
2. theophylene retard 150 - 2 times for 5 days
3. azythromicin - 1time for 5 days
After having these medicines I got severe cough with high breathing and one cough lasting for 1 minute and am not able to sleep entire day and night . Then i did the chest x-ray and went to another doctor ; he said due to theophylene tablet the infection exagereted to chest and prescibes the below medicines
1. pulmoclear - 1 tb for 7 days
2. mahaflox - 1 tb for 5 days
3. respira syrup- 3 times for 7 days
4. montaik lc - 1 tab for 10 days
5. pan-d - 1 tab for 5 days
6. easy breath -vapour inhaling 4 tmes
After having these medicines I got some relief and can sleep at night and now after 10 days am getting the cough only 3-4 times a day but am feeling discomfort in throat and due to that some cough and also getting acidity and vomiting some water and white substance 2 -3 times a day.
I am really confused and depressed and dont know what to do now ??
Can you please suggest whether any further test i have to do or what else medicine should i take or what to do?
You can wait and watch.
Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.
HbA1c of 6.5 denotes good blood sugar control.
There was respiratory infection in your case for which you have already received two different kind of respiratory antibiotics (Azithromycin and Moxifloxacin).
Also your symptoms have reduced significantly.
If there is a productive cough with sputum, get sputum examination done (Sputum for AFB & Gram stain).
If only dry cough then continue steam inhalation, Montek LC, some cough Lozenges and wait and watch.
If symptoms get aggravated, increasing cough, breathing difficulty or fever better to get evaluated.
In that case following investigations may be suggested-
- Complete blood count.
- Chest xray needed to be compared with previous one.
- If required Throat swab.
Along with this good control of blood sugar level is needed.
Hope this helps you.
I will be happy to answer your follow up question if any.
Otherwise close the question and rate the answer.
Dr. Abhay Mali.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes diabetic sores
- What causes diabetes
- Vomiting cellulitis loose stools diabetes what is causing diarrhea
- What causes diabetes while suffering from obesity
- Will diabetes cause throat tightness
- What is the cause of purple toes with diabetes
- What causes diabetic neuropathy
- What is the cause of numbness in fingers with diabetes
- What causes itching in diabetics
- Can diabetes cause cyclic vomiting