What causes thickening of colon wall?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: My grandson has just been told his colon is hardening. What exactly is this, and what
could have caused it. We do not know what treatment he will receive yet.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

There is no specific term to explain hardening of the colon. The colon is associated with inflammatory pathology such as ulcerative colitis in which there is inflammation and prolonged exposure to the disease can increase chances of malignancy. If colonoscopy or a barium study was then the report can be uploaded to comment on it accordingly. Treatment would depend upon the cause.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil