• question-icon

What causes thickening of abdominal lining?

Posted on Fri, 22 Jan 2016 in General Health
Question: what is fatting of stomach lining and its cause?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Causes can include ulceration, hyperacidity, etc.

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach could be due to increased acid production causing aggravation of the inner lining, conditions like gastritis, ulceration of the inner lining of the stomach, etc.

The causes can be many but a more accurate diagnosis can be provided with the help of an upper GI endoscopy. So please do try to consult a gastroenterologist who can provide you with a more accurate diagnosis and accordingly advise you on management as well sir.

If I were in the same region as you were I would have met you and accordingly gone about the required process. But as I am not there I am urging you to meet a gastroenterologist.

I hope I have explained things in a manner best understood by you. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan