What causes thickening and darkening of skin on shoulders and back?
Disregard this question. I've submitted another question as this is for my mom. Please cancel this thread.
Ignore my last followup, it was a mix up. Please respond to this original question.
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I saw the photographs you uploaded. Your mother seems to have a condition called macular amyloidosis. It is characterized by thickening and darkening of skin and the cause is constant friction. Does she have a habit of using loofah/scrubber for bath? If yes ask her to stop scrub bath. If she has itching over the above areas, ask her to consult a dermatologist. A short course of local application of topical steroids will be beneficial.
Hope this helped,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain between the back shoulder blades
- What causes itching on the thighs buttocks shoulders and back
- What causes a splotchy back
- Back/shoulder ache causes
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What causes allergy in back
- What is the cause of tingling back
- What causes fluttering in the back of the head
- What causes back spasms
- What causes chronic back and shoulder pain
- Dry and scaly skin around elbows and knees, use lotion regularly. Could...
- Having some strange spots on face with stinging and tingling sensation....
- Loosing hairs for last some time and used Mintop hair oil. Black marks...
- How to get rid of pimple scars?
- Having skin allergy, getting red rashes. Told to have Uritcaria. On...
- Had wrinkles, neck type pouch. Used radio waves to tighten, having more...
- Have had botox on forehead. Discovered a lump on forehead and vision...
- Diabetic, taking insulin along with Janumet and Glucophage. Having...
- Suffering from skin eruptions. Having burning and itching sensation. Cause?
- Getting eruptions these days. What could be the case?