What causes thick white discharge from an umbilical hernia?
looks like abscess
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
You seem to have developed an abscess at the site which has now already brusted and evacuated by you.
But still i would suggest that you show it to a surgeon to check if it has been fully evacuated or not and it might need a course of antibiotics and after full infection control, get it repaired.
As continuous pressure and irritation by the belt is causing infection, and can reoccur.
Hope i have been helpful.
Dr. Ashish Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Umbilical hernia surgery causes
- What are the symptoms of umbilical hernia?
- Small umbillical hernia causes
- Can umbilical hernia cause diarrhea
- Umbilical hernia causes
- Supra umbilical hernia causes
- Umbilical hernia causing penile pain
- Umbilical hernia caused by car accident
- Heartburn caused by umbilical hernia repair
- Irreducible umbilical hernia causes