What causes thick brown colored urine along with exhaustion and drowsiness?

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: My 18 year old grandson who is SPECIal Needs, has developed a coffee colored urine. He seems exhausted and wants to sleep a lot. Could this be serious? His grandfather died of polycystic disease of th kidneys.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Requires to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
The coffee colored urine may be due to several causes. Simple causes like eating Rubab or beats to more serious conditions like an inflammation of the kidneys or if the liver.
Please see a doctor to have your son examined and tested to determine the cause.
Do get back to me if you have more queries.
Dr. Noble Zachariah