What causes the sensation of flashing lights in the eye?

Question
I have two days with shooting lights in my right eye. Noticeable at night not during the day.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fundus examination

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but I would recommend that you get a fundus eye examination as soon as possible as these recurring shooting lights could be due to vitreous thickening that can pull on the light sensitive retina.. This can cause retinal detachment if not treated early ..
Another cause of shooting lights is migraine if accompanied with headache and naseau.I hope you find this helpful..