What causes the semen leaking out of vagina after ejaculation?

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Iam Married six months back .trying for pregnancy. Able to penetrate but immediately after penetration semen is released. Aftet a while i with draw the penis and most of the semen is coming out.is this affects the chance of pregnancy... i tried by using a pillow on her back. Still semen coming out..please let me know how much quantity of semen should go inside for successful preganacy. Or is there any technique to prevent the more semen coming out of vagina.
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It might be natural phenomena

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,welcome to healthcare magic.I understand your concern.In my opinion semen leaking out of vagina after ejaculation might be natural phenomena.Semen is a composition of various fluids and sperms.Only a few part of it might be constituted by sperms.So the leaking out of semen might unlikely to prevent pregnancy.Try keeping hips at high position for 20 mins after intercourse.
Even 1 ml of semen might be enough to get pregnant but it should be qualitatively good with sperms.So its quality of semen is more important than quantity.Semen analysis might help to know the nature of the semen.
The ejaculation of semen immediately after insertion might be called premature ejaculation.The premature ejaculation might be due to stress or anxiety.
Infertility might be due to male and female factors.So it is necessary for menstrual cycles to be regular to increase the chances of conception.So dont worry leakage of semen might not affect the pregnancy.
Best regards....dr.srilatha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Srilatha Myaka

OBGYN