What causes the presence of tiny red balls in stool?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have little red/pink balls in my stool, about half the size of a pea. They are the consistancy of carrots. I also have pink mucus every once in a while and also dark green leafy pieces(I have not had any salad in the last week or 2)
I was having incomplete bowels and started feeling really full so I've taken a number of natural drinks including vinegar and honey. I also took a overnights gentle laxative twice in a week. Everything finally cleared out after about a week and a half, then I started getting those symptoms.
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stool test to be done.

Detailed Answer:
There are a few things to consider when a person says he has pinkish tinge in the stool.

The first thing is if it is blood. There are some chemicals and foods that might give tinge of red pink in stool and give the impression it is blood and in fact, it is not.Easiest way is to have a a stool occult blood test to chevk about the pinkish mucous or a stool microscopy to coonfirm the nature of carrot like particles.
If anything is wrong with these tests then an colonoscpoy would be done. If the the stool tests confirm you are bleeding then colonoscopy would be done.

So to conclude:
1. we need to be sure you are bleeding or not- a stool test like faecal occult blood test and or stool microscopy for blood will help in this.

2. if it is confirmed that you are bleeding then you will need a colonoscopy to find the cause of it.

Hope i was helpful.
Thank you!