What causes the hands to turn blue along with tingling?
Echo doppler of hand and measure INR level advised....
I have gone through the problem of your wife and I'd ask to have a photo of her hand turning blue.
Next, you are saying that she had a knee replacement 7 months ago and is taking coumadin and tramadol at the same time.
Coumadin is a blood thinning drug and would increase chances for hemorrhage and bruising. If taking together with tramadol, there is higher chance for bruising as some studies have reported an interaction between two of them.
You are also saying that when she washes with soap it clears. That is because when washing her hand, she is also putting pressure (or even massaging) and it would seem temporary cleared.
If she was my patient, I'd advise to run:
- echo doppler of the hand to evaluate the status of her hand
- measure her INR level
- discuss with her doctor about possible interaction between coumadin and tramadol
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause tingling sensation in left hand
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes twitching and tingling in left hand
- What could cause numbness and tingles on legsfeet and hands
- What causes tingling in my forehead and hands
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes tingling feeling in right hand
- What causes tingling in hands and ibs
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms