What causes the feeling of tiredness in the legs?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
What causes my limbs to feel like they are tired? I constantly stretch and rub them and get momentary relief and then they just feel tired again.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
hypocalcemia / Low carnitine levels

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.

Feeling of tiredness in the legs is commonly caused by low calcium and/or vitamin D levels in blood.Other possibility is of a low blood carnitine levels.

As both,calcium and carnitine are necessary for smooth functioning and contractions of the skeletal muscles of leg,their deficiency leads to continuous fatigue and tiredness.

I would suggest you to get a complete blood profile checked including complete blood count,Serum calcium,vitamin D levels,Carnitine levels with serum electrolytes.

You should consult a physician to rule out hormonal imbalances like thyroid dysfunction.

Do let me know once your reports are ready..

You can start on L carnitine and calcium / Vitamin D supplements till then.
Application of compression bandage around the calf region will help.

I hope the answer was useful to you.

Best wishes.