What causes the feeling of a movable lump in the scrotum?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Lump
Question: I can feel a lump within my scrotum hard and moveable could this be a lymph node

Also I think there could be a swollen lymph node in my neck i had it checked 3 months ago and the doctor said it was fine but I think it might have got bigger can anything major happen in this time.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information and post reports of investigations

Detailed Answer:
HI.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Your age please.
Since when is this present?
What is the size of the lump?
> lymph nodes do not occur in scrotum at all.
Pl;ease post the reports of any investigations done so far.
Any urinary symptoms?
Is there any palpable swelling in neck - if present give details.

Awaiting.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 18 minutes later
I noticed it in my neck just today feels like a marble painless Im 20 yrs old no urinary problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As discussed in details.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your partial feedback.
If there is a marble like lump in the neck which can not be moved easily, the most probable cause is a lymph node.
This can be confirmed by the following things:
Ultrasonography and FNAC that is fine needle aspiration cytology.
Clinical evaluation by a Surgeon.
For the lump in the scrotum, I would advise you the following:
Ultrasonography with color doppler of the scrotum to know the exact diagnosis and thus be assured.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 23 hours later
Thanks can I also ask is the fnac done in the doctors office or hospital. And it hasnt been growing nor have I been experiencing any other symptoms would it still be regarded as serious
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As explained

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

This is not regarded as serious unless proved otherwise.
FNAC can be done by the Surgeon either at his office or even at Pathologist's office, please get this confirmed by your Doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee