What causes testicular discomfort and scrotal swelling?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 in Men's Health
Question: The Testicle sac is filling with fluid causing discomfort and swelling of the sac. It comes and goes
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most probably an indirect inguinal hernia

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thank for your query, albeit short and specific.
Your history of scrotal sac filling with fluid that ''comes and goes'' is indicative that there is an indirect inguinal hernia - as the most common cause I can think about.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Clinical evaluation, examination by a General Surgeon and if hernia is confirmed get an appointment for surgical correction.
If this is not a hernia then further evaluation will tell the exact cause and a plan for management.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Please give feedback too.