What causes testicular discomfort and scrotal swelling?
Most probably an indirect inguinal hernia
Thank for your query, albeit short and specific.
Your history of scrotal sac filling with fluid that ''comes and goes'' is indicative that there is an indirect inguinal hernia - as the most common cause I can think about.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Clinical evaluation, examination by a General Surgeon and if hernia is confirmed get an appointment for surgical correction.
If this is not a hernia then further evaluation will tell the exact cause and a plan for management.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Please give feedback too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What might be the cause for testicular inflammation
- What could be causing testicular ache
- Scrotal varicocele causes
- Causes of scrotal wall thickening
- Scrotal angiokeratomas causes
- Scrotal swellings causes
- Testicular pain slight swelling on scrotum no redness cause
- Testicular swelling and pain causes
- Causes of occasional scrotal swelling
- What causes itching around the scrotal sac
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis