What causes tension in upper eyelid?

Ophthalmologist
Question
Hello. For several years I have had tension in my upper left eyelid. The tightness is always present, although it is sometimes relieved if I lift the upper eyelid -- sometimes this makes a popping noise. Any thoughts on what this might be, and how it might be corrected? My right eyelid feels perfectly fine.
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be because of lid inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having tensed left eyelid. The common causes for stiffness and tense eyelids are inflammation of the eyelids, lid edema, following injuries...

As of now you can use antiinflammatory eye drops and artificial tears.
If the condition does not respond to artificial tears you need to consult your eye doctor for examination to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you

with regards