What causes tenderness under right rib after gallbladder removal?
Normal in post choleystectomy, no worries
Thank you for asking!
Post cholecystectomy pains and sensations are quite normal phenomenon and they go away but the time frame differs and vary in different patients depending on many factors like age, procedure of removal, obesity,any associated morbidity like Diabetes etc, expertise of professional, associated inflammation, any complications like sump leakage, jaundice, or any bowel functions troubles , any derangement in prokinesis and peristalsis/ forward propelling movement of gut as and last but not the least an infection of the wound site etc.
Until and unless there is any obstruction in biliary tract, or increased bilirubin levels, or obstipation secondary to adhesions etc, nausea vomiting, fever and pancreatic involvement , which i am sure you don't have from the labs and work up crystal clarity, there is nothing to worry about and you can't do any thing except treating symptoms with simple pain killers and antispasmodics.Use bul agents and fibers in the diet, use cholestyramine if diarrhoea is an issue, take antacids for the pain, it will also relieve the pain.
This is a normal healing process and such dragging sensations and pains are very common after such procedures and they eventually vanish off. The body is adjusting with a change, there used to be a reserve previously in the body for bile which is now no more and that is a great change for body to cope up with give it some time. Meanwhile keep the diet soft, low in fats to put XXXXXXX burden on biliary flow, eat small foods in frequent intervals etc and stop worrying. You are good to go. And nothing to worry about nothin to lose is the key here.
I hope it helps.Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain after gallbladder surgery
- What causes dark urine and pale stool after gallbladder removal
- What causes intense abdominal pain after gallbladder and appendix removal
- What causes upper abdominal and back pain after gallbladder removal
- What causes intense pain after gallbladder removal
- Biotin deficiency caused after gallbladder removal
- What causes acid reflux after gallbladder removal
- What causes lower leg pain after gallbladder removal
- Causes of fatigue after gallbladder removal
- Bitoin deficiency caused after gallbladder removal