• question-icon

What causes tenderness in the scalp?

Posted on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hello,
I traveled to Utah last week for work and began to notice a very tender scalp ...left side only ...on Saturday. Sunday, the tenderness increased and I began to have a mild headache. I flew home that evening. By Wednesday, small colorless bumps had formed on the left side of my head and I felt frequent flashes of intense sharp pain through my head and jaw throughout the day. I took Benadryl and went to bed early yesterday evening. Today, the flashes of pain are less frequent, but the left side of my neck and head are tender.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tick-borne diseases to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

In your case, is necessary to consider even to exclude tick-borne diseases, that in some cases, may result in serious health issues.

In my opinion, getting evaluated by your primary care Doctor and screening tests about conditions such Lyme disease, tularemia, anaplasmosis, etc. are necessary steps to get a correct diagnosis.

If these tick-borne conditions will be excluded, there is no need to worry about, and symptoms should subside with time.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical