question-icon

What causes tenderness in groin area?

Posted on Wed, 18 May 2016
Question: My groin area is slightly tender on the left side. Only when i press it. Not swollen on either side. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (3 hours later)
hi it may be due to lymph node inflammation due to infection in the genital area or lower limb.You can get back to me with details for any clarification.
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (7 hours later)
Could it be hiv or std? I have not had any fever, neasuea, vomiting, etc. also, there is no discharge, pain or lesion on my penis. Have been a little more tired than usual.The last time i had sex was about 2 weeks ago. It was unprotected.
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
chances of STDs/HIV is very low.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.

There are minor chances of transmission of STDs by the modes mentioned.Chances of HIV is also very low.
The pain may be due to any infection in the genital area or lower limb. With no symptoms of STDs the chances of STDs is low.
But it is better to get investigated for STDs as a routine.Get tested for STDs panel tests as a baseline.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venereolgist
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist