What causes tenderness and soreness in the tongue, inner lips and throat?
Possible "silent" acid reflux.
Hello and welcome,
Without seeing the appearance of your mouth and throat I can't say for sure. But acid reflux, even if it is "silent" and not felt as acid coming up or heart burn, can cause the mouth and throat to be sore or have a burning feeling.
A virus can do this too, but usually there are some obvious vesicles.
Yeast (thrush, Candida) can make the mouth sore but usually there are white patches and redness.
So without anything visual going on, consider the possibility of it being due to acid. You can tray Zantac 150 mg and see if it helps. Also, no acidic, citrus, tomato foods until its sorted out, and avoid eating within 2-3 hours before going to bed.
Sorry I can't say specifically what is going on, but this information can give you somewhere to start.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a sore tingly tongue
- Sore throat causing sore tongue
- Right throat and tongue hurt causes
- What causes sore throat with white tongue
- What could cause a burning throat and tongue
- What causes to have swollen tongue and sore throat
- Toothache sore throat whats the cause
- Lip piercing cause sore throat
- What causes systems burning swollen tongue and throat
- What causes sore throat with boils on tongue