What causes tenderness and discoloration at the tip of the penis?
I've uploaded 2 pictures. Let me know if you can see them. I took the doxycycline because I had prostatitis and it cleared it up.
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Based on the images , you uploaded, I could not appreciate any significant discoloration.
As far as the tenderness is concerned, its most likely due to urethritis. A urine routine examination should be done. If pus cells are present then culture should also be sent. Treatment with azithromycin or ceftriaxone can be initiated , in consultation wit your doctor.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes penis glans discoloration
- What causes darkening of tip of penis
- What causes change in color of penis tip
- What causes bumps in the tip of penis
- What causes burning on the penis tip while urination
- What causes soreness in the tip of penis
- What causes discoloration of penis
- Noticed white discoloration on penis tip underlying cause
- What causes discomfort at the tip of the penis
- What causes inching in tip of penis
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...